Here I am going to explain you some ultimate marketing concepts, which are very helpful to every marketer.
The outline of ultimate concepts:
- Fundamentals of Marketing
- Digital Marketing Vs. Traditional Marketing
- CATT Marketing Funnel & Framework
- Integrated Digital Marketing
- Personal Branding: Mass Trust Blueprint
Those concepts are very useful for every marketers, bloggers, entrepreneurs, freelancers, and to every person who want to become digital marketer with personal branding.
Fundamentals of Marketing
The general definition of marketing refers simply to the act of promoting and selling products or services, performed by someone known as a marketer. Marketing is a crucial part of every company because it tells you how to position your product in the market.
The role of marketing starts with understanding your target audience and determining what they value. If you know customer needs, then you can position your product/service within that context.
That knowledge will help you develop a distinct way of speaking to your audience (i.e., language, tone, images, etc.).
Once you’ve developed a clear sense of who your target audience is and how they’ll respond to your brand (message), the role of marketing tells you how to deliver that message.
Law of marketing says that, if you developed a product or service that market fits, then that Product or service will sell itself.
Marketing is nothing but targeting and selling of product in right time to right people.
Marketing is an ongoing process. No one can take it on completely.
If you’re a small business owner, then it’s important to stay involved in the marketing process yourself.
you learn. Do, and Teach. If you want to remember something better, do and teach. It forces you to organise the concepts in your brand better.
the latest and most advanced version of marketing is Digital Marketing. In the next section, we will talk about how digital marketing differs from traditional marketing.
Digital Marketing Vs Traditional marketing –
Traditional Marketing and Digital Marketing differ a lot in various aspects of targeting, ROI, measuring the impacts of marketing, and much more.
Traditional marketing is any form of marketing that reaches a user through offline mediums, without the use of the internet. Before the advent of the internet in the 1990s, only this type of marketing was used for decades. Some common traditional marketing methods include –
- Tv commercials
- Radio Commercials
- Flyers and posters
- Direct mailers, coupons
A closer observation of Digital and Traditional Marketing shows that Traditional Marketing is a static system whereas Digital Marketing is a dynamic system that opens the possibilities of pulling Digital Marketing as well as pushing Digital Marketing. In Pull, Digital Marketing consumers seek the content whereas, in push, Digital Marketing the content is pushed to the customer without them looking out for the information.
Digital marketing is generally more cost-effective and can be more targeted, while traditional marketing can be more effective at reaching a larger audience. It’s important to consider your budget and target market when deciding which type of marketing to use.
Some common digital marketing methods include –
- Social media marketing: Social media marketing is getting widely popular among the youths. Many businesses as well as to start-ups advertise their work in the form of posts, videos, and stories on all social media platforms.
- Email marketing: It is one type of digital market where businesses send electronic mail to the target audience.
- Content marketing: It helps advertise in the form of storytelling to the users.
- PPC – Pay-per-Click: These are paid advertisements. They only stay on the web for a shorter period. Once you stop paying, it will be gone.
- Mobile marketing: Provides advertisements on smartphones, laptops, and tablets for the target audience.
- SEO – Search Engine Optimization: SEO is the most common type of digital marketing used in many organizations. Its main objective is to show the business on the top while searching it on the web. However, it also needs customers’ support to get high ranks.
- Affiliate marketing: Includes advertising a product or a service with the help of a well-known influencer or a celebrity. The major reason companies do it is to improve their brand name.
Nowadays, if I am a digital marketer, and I want to provide digital marketing services to local businesses to build online presence of their business on the Internet. Now if I wish to advertise my services to them, I will not use TV advertising as it will be costly for me and also I won’t be able to target the right audience. So in this case, I will largely invest on digital marketing techniques like Facebook ads, Google ads, Instagram Ads to target local businessmen and drive them to my website to know more about my services.
CATT Marketing Funnel & Framework
According to this framework:
W = n^CATT
Where W = Wealth; n= Niche; C = Content; A = Attention; T = Trust; T = Transaction.
Wealth and success depend on the niche (n) you choose.
You must create unique and relevant content (C) like blog posts, images, infographics, videos, lead magnets, live webinars etc. that is useful for the people from your niche.
The next step is to drive attention (A) or traffic to your content using SEO, social media, paid ads and referrals.
Build trust (T) with your audience by providing them value and generating leads.
If all the above steps are successfully executed, only then the transaction (T) will happen and your leads will be converted into customers.
In the next section, we will discuss the integration of various digital marketing methods.
Integrated Digital Marketing
Digital Marketing methods commonly used are search engine optimization (SEO), email marketing, content marketing, social media marketing etc.
Often it has been noticed that many marketers complain that digital marketing doesn’t work, but the truth is, they haven’t used the integrated digital marketing approach.
Understanding of the process in a simple manner:
- First, create quality content relevant to your niche and publish that on your blog/website which will educate the customers about the industry and your product/service.
- Next, share the content on social mediaplatforms, which will redirect traffic to your blog/website.
- People nowadays use Google to search for almost everything, so making your blog/website visible on search engines is very important. Basic on-page SEOwould be enough to bring huge traffic from search engines to your blog/website.
- Now you can create an opt-in form for your readers to ask them to subscribe to your email list. Email marketing is one of the best marketing techniques to communicate directly with your potential customers.
- Similarly, investing in paid advertising on search engines and social media will help you to drive more traffic to your blog/website and also help in building your email list.
- Finally, the outcome of the effective integration of all of these methods will lead to salesby converting your leads into customers.
In the next section, we will discuss personal branding and how you can become a personal brand in your niche.
Personal Branding: Mass Trust Blueprint
- Firstly, you need to learna new skill. Gain knowledge about that skill from concepts, facts and procedures.
- Then, put those skills to Practice the skills you learned because implementing in the real world will give you a better understanding.
- Write a blogon what you experienced. Writing what you learned and implemented help in better understanding and also builds the base of your personal brand.
- Now you have learned a new skill, have work experience in it, and also established your personal brand through a blog. You can use your expertise to consult
- The next step would be to mentorpeople who want to become like you. Mentoring will help you to brush up your skills and it will further strengthen your personal brand too.
- Working on your own startupis the last piece of the puzzle in this game called Personal branding. Build your own product/service on the basis of your understanding of the market and your skills.
I always look forward to hearing from you, let me know your views in the comments below.